- passionate, thoughtful, and collaborative in my approach to design and product strategy.
- a critical thinker with an open mind, receptive to critique and new challenges.
- a team player with an aptitude for optimism.
- obsessed with quickly launching high-quality products.
- constantly learning and iterating using data to make products better.
I believe design is a story. From beginning to end. Carefully curated, guided and always welcoming. I strive to launch experiences with positive impact.
Fitbit inc., san francisco, CA (december 2015 – CURRENT)
SENIOR product DESIGNER
- Led interaction design for Fitbit OS2.0 on Fitbit Versa & Ionic
- Led interaction design of new challenges within the Fitbit App for both iOS & Android platforms.
- Conceptualized, designed, and launched:
- Launched seasonal challenges including: Fitbit Goal Day & Holiday Hero
- Worked alongside the Research Team in envisioning future product directions & new experience offerings within the Fitbit ecosystem.
- Organized and produced multiple company wide Hackbit events.
Telenav, INC., Sunnyvale, CA (May 2014 – november 2015)
Lead Interaction Designer
- Worked on new, innovative projects within Telenav's Incubation Team. Taking simple ideas and concepts to full products available on the App Store in less than 4 months.
- Co-managed, designed, and shipped two complete mobile consumer products to the app stores:
- Worked on mobile B2C products and non-mobile B2B client work.
- Co-led branding and marketing teams to grow user base and create larger market impact.
- Other products include: In-dash automobile navigation experience, Scout GPS Navigation (consumer navigation app on iOS & Android).
- Avid "Design" evangelist within company.
Hot Studio, San francisco, CA (jan 2013 – apr 2013)
Design Strategy Intern
- Worked in multiple teams alongside UX designers, Strategists, Content Strategists, Producers and Client Managers on various projects.
- Conducted competitive landscaping, user-testing, insights and analysis, user-experience flows, user-scenarios for storytelling.
- Aided team in facilitating a future-state scenario workshop for clients in exploring Generation Y behaviors.
- Gathered primary research data with children, subject-matter experts, etc.
- Delivered high-level concept direction recommendations directly to client.
- Contributed to Hot’s thought-leadership by writing blogs.
- Produced CityPixelSF: Future of Retail Panel Discussion through Hot’s in-house social innovation group.
- * Hot Studio was acquired by Facebook in March of 2012
ART CENTER COLLEGE OF DESIGN, PASADENA, CA (2014)
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design with Distinction
Concentration in Designmatters Art and Design for Social Innovation
Provost List 2010 – 2013
INSEAD BUSINESS SCHOOL, SINGAPORE (2012)
MBA Exchange Program
RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN, PROVIDENCE, RI (2007-2009)
Coursework in Industrial Design
CENTRO DE INNOVACIÓN | UN TECHO PARA MI PAIS, LIMA, PERU (Sept 2011– May 2012)
Researcher and Designer for Safe Agua Peru Project
DESIGNSTORMS AT ART CENTER, PASADENA, CA (Sept 2011 – Nov 2013)
Clients: Microsoft, United States Geological Survey, Boeing & Teague, Nestlé-Purina, Showdown Displays and Gorilla Rack.
ORGANIZATIONS + EVENTS
COFOUNDER & PRESIDENT
Art Center Business Club, Pasadena, CA (May 2013 – Dec 2013) artcenterbusinessclub.org
ASSISTANT EVENT DESIGN PRODUCER & WAY-FINDING DESIGNER
LEAP Symposium, Pasadena, CA (September 2013) leapsymposium.org
DESIGN: UX flows, wireframes, hand sketch visualization, visual/UI design, interaction patterns, storytelling, information design, rapid prototyping, A/B testing, QA, copywriting, critique
RESEARCH: User interviews, usability, prototype testing, user modeling (personas, user stories, etc.), guerilla testing, ethnography & discovery, need finding, synthesis
SOFTWARE: Mobile Design (iOS & Android), Firmware/Hardware Design, Sketch, Flinto, Invision, Marvel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, JIRA, Confluence